MtG Players Union
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fan support

+4
bighandsomepete
krisinsane
plarp
kcolloran
8 posters

Go down

Fan support Empty Fan support

Post  kcolloran Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:09 am

I encourage everyone to remember that there are also fans out here as well. I will probably never play a pro tour, but I do watch pro tours online. Despite the fact that I have no interest in playing in any of the pro tours that are represented right now I was very upset by the cutbacks in the pro tour. I sent an e-mail to BDM about such saying that I think Magic is killing any chance it has to be something like poker with actual fans if they continue on the course they are. So it's not just the players but also the fans who have a stake in this.

kcolloran

Back to top Go down

Fan support Empty Re: Fan support

Post  plarp Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:39 pm

just posting to voice my support and the sentiments I share with kcolloran - I'm not a tournament player at all, but I am a huge fan of the game and I really enjoy reading pro-tour coverage and following the player-of-the-year race. Casual players love the pro tour too, and really hope the players' union can communicate our concerns to wizards!

plarp

Back to top Go down

Fan support Empty Casual Players support you too

Post  krisinsane Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:17 pm

Hey guys, I'm a totally casual player, but I must admit the recent actions taken by WOTC have upset me as well, and I also love to watch the Pro Tours and Grand Prixs whenever I get the opportunity. Count on anything I can do to support you guys in the future.
krisinsane
krisinsane

Back to top Go down

Post  bighandsomepete Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:55 am

I registered here to show my support for this. Union isn't a dirty word, and I believe that players deserve better treatment than the way that this was handled.

I can't call myself a pro. I can't even call myself a casual player anymore. That doesn't mean I don't see this as being a great cause, and one worth my time and effort to actively support.

If there's something that needs doing to help this get on it's feet don't hesitate to ask me. I have time on my hands, and would be glad to contribute.

bighandsomepete

Back to top Go down

Post  mercenarybdu Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:34 am

I registered here to expand my service area.

I also came here due to the fact that Wizards are a bunch of conservative 211920118419. The eternal community knows that there are no people on their R&D Team left that actually test any of the eternal formats seriously. The very reason why coverage for those formats are bad, Mike Flores calls gives bad for the game (seriously), while there is absolutely no video coverage of such events on record.

There are still a small number of cards on that list that have absolutely little to even no power left in the current format of the game (Land Tax is one of the notables).

So if R&D is suppose to be focusing on Legacy as well as their power buyer formats, then haven't they made Legacy and Vintage coverage better than make it look like it came out of the paper shredder? Although we have started seeing them take that into consideration by giving the other formats some cards that could feed into Legacy and a shot at Vintage, but overall they are a long ways off from ever cracking Legacy.
mercenarybdu
mercenarybdu

Back to top Go down

Post  oni_meno Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:00 am

At last a place that thinks about the guy holding the cards...and not the cards themself.

"don't hate the player, don't hate the game..."

Twisted Evil

oni_meno

Back to top Go down

Fan support Empty Support from Colombia

Post  duff_man Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:25 pm

Well,

as many of us MTG players out there, i might never lay a pro tour or worlds but still, the right thing to do in this cause aint that, is supporting each other. Raph, Frank and all the others who took this iniciative are not only the voice of pro's but also the first movement of MTG players and as such, all of us support you, not only in terms of your objectives as pro players, but as themovement itself: Union among the players.

I live in a small but major city in Colombia, and in the last year we've seen the downing of MTG in prerelease events and other premiere events, and we got issues about it, so this situation with MTG and players is in fact, global and afect us all players, even casual ones.

With this last thought i reiterate that yopur effort is important and its recognized as such by us all, so if in any way, anyhow i can be useful, im available to help you anyway i can.

duff_man

Back to top Go down

Post  Kameleon Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:25 am

I'm not a pro player and probably never will be one but I am a fan. I support the MTG Players Union.
Kameleon
Kameleon

http://MMAForum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down