MtG Players Union
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Independent Camera Crews

4 posters

Go down

Independent Camera Crews Empty Independent Camera Crews

Post  mercenarybdu Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:12 pm

You have my support. If more people could be more trained on figuring out how to do filming and perspective correctly, we would have more GP and independent coverage of events on a lot of video sites.

So far we are limited to just a few snips of what we would've been actually able to film on site at most places due to most featured matches being roped off to the recorder to film most of what was going on the tables other than just the fronts or backs of the player's heads. GP text is fine, but then not all of the pieces are in the right order all of the time and most of it are just stuff left for the reader to question if it was the right order anyhow?

GP SF (held in San Jose) was a starting point upon where people who weren't at the event got a glimpse of what some of the people who risked time and resources of their own to film bring it to them. Although there were others like the most recent one from Krakow with Nakamura and Oliver were finishing up a match, that wasn't as exciting as watching what was actually played on the tables.

What I am saying here is we need an independent Camera Crew of our own to film all of these events for each region with backups, we can no longer always depend on Wizards to come through with their camera crew to bring us the goods all the time with their multiple cameras.

Evan is just one person and although he got us started to motivate people to bring back the goods all over the world we need to help him out as he can't be in all places at once.
mercenarybdu
mercenarybdu

Back to top Go down

Independent Camera Crews Empty Re: Independent Camera Crews

Post  TrickJarrett Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:03 pm

ManaNation is trying to make it to more marquee events but my budget is only so big. That's the major limiting factor unfortunately.

-- Trick

TrickJarrett

http://www.mananation.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mercenarybdu Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:13 am

TrickJarrett wrote:ManaNation is trying to make it to more marquee events but my budget is only so big. That's the major limiting factor unfortunately.

-- Trick

I see.

Ever tried doing it before on your own? I know I done it to bring back what happened in the finals of GP SF which me and another You Tuber filmed from different angles. Although the other guy couldn't film the whole thing due to his battery going dead in the middle, I was able to film all of the plays leading up the trophy handouts.

I also did Interviews with Oliver and Levy as part of my plan while I was there as well as an amazing proxy sketch being drawn by Mark Poole that has gained a lot of attention ever since I posted it.

I'm still gathering the funds and looking for sales for to gain a hold of a camcorder because the one I used at the event was on lend for my use only for that time. But until then this will have to do.
mercenarybdu
mercenarybdu

Back to top Go down

Post  turboeli Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:30 am

For another thing, you'll get more and better access to games and events if you tell Wizards in advance what you're doing and ask them if they could help you out in any way. Marketing is generally predisposed to be nice and helpful to fans who want to help get the word out about their product.

turboeli

Back to top Go down

Independent Camera Crews Empty RE:

Post  rjuluri Mon May 14, 2012 3:27 pm

will You Provide full info about best hand cam

rjuluri

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down