MtG Players Union
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If webcasts die, so do I

3 posters

Go down

If webcasts die, so do I Empty If webcasts die, so do I

Post  LightningRider Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:48 am

There is nothing I look forward to (except for semester classes to end) more than a Pro Tour webcast. Whenever they do it in Japan, I lose SO much sleep over it but I DONT CARE! I absolutly love to watch them. And if my hero's are not there I will kick and scream! Razz

But hey in all seriousness I really support everyone here. Even if I am presented in terms of a simple tally mark or number in the total registered participants here, I am with you guys all the way.

LightningRider

Back to top Go down

If webcasts die, so do I Empty Re: If webcasts die, so do I

Post  mercenarybdu Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:51 am

How about you try to go see the events live with the Pros and Participates playing it out for the title. Isn't that more exciting than watching it from a bedroom Computer Screen?

I've so far been to a World Championship to see the Top 4 live.

A US National Event only to get a hold of autographs from Artists (as I was in the area).

And a GP event that I just happen to You Tube to give a window into the event for those who couldn't go complete with the Top 2 (I know nobody can't enough of this type of coverage) filmed with a borrowed camcorder.

Yet I still did a lot of shopping at all of those events to avoid the hassles of shipping and handling of online sites to come through with most of the cards I am normally looking for when I need them.

So, even if the camera crews could no longer be afforded by Wizards to film Webcasts, people will always try to do it themselves to show what they could do if somebody else couldn't do it. Evan done it without the Top 2s, I've done it to show that I could do with a camera, and so has a dozen of other people with the motives of gaining fame in a totally different way than playing in the events themselves. If my faves are playing I'd wish them good luck to see how far they will fly before they narrow into the top 8. If they made it into the top 8 (or future top 16) I'm glad and hope if one of them will win. If they win, then I would say "that is unbelievable butter!" in my terms. If the top 8 never happened, well what could I say than state that they are just human like everyone else.
mercenarybdu
mercenarybdu

Back to top Go down

If webcasts die, so do I Empty Webcasts

Post  Buttered_Popcorn Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:50 am

Decklists are important, but the execution of the play is more important.

I have been downloading and watching web events since the days of Raffinity. I have seen Aeo Paquette square off against Julien Nuijten, I have witnessed the Japanese break Standard with Ghazi-Glare, and whooped as Craig Jones made the topdeck heard 'round the world. These people are not just names; they put life into a pile of cards. I was savagely disappointed with the lack of quarterfinals at Worlds 2007. Worlds is my "Big Game" of the year, and not being able to see the nuance of the play was disheartening.

Would I rather go and see all this happen in person? Absolutely. However, having a third shift job and three children hampers my ability to take off to parts unknown. Until I become independently wealthy, a status change over which I will not hold my breath, I will be watching the professional players when I can on my computer.

-Buttered_Popcorn

Buttered_Popcorn

Back to top Go down

Post  LightningRider Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:09 am

Sure I'd rather be there, but there is no possible way for me to go to another country to watch it. I just can't afford it.

And yeah whats with worlds 2007 lol. I was searching for the quarterfinals for an hour before I relized they didn't film it lol. HUGE disapointment. Looks like the game is slowly dying silent

LightningRider

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum