MtG Players Union
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Player's voice

+27
rickiep00h
mercenarybdu
einlanzer
scragnoth
Ragette
Drefizzle
sethelnuts
GrayOne
giffenaw
Arthas
MichaelJ
gwdearing
benchapman
MStone
MelissaD
MegaŠ
Cutthroat Smile
Nedo92
nihal
k2
MagicRage
eunck
Decuay
GlyCeriNE
Caerthose529
savaj_cheetr
Santander
31 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Player's voice - Page 2 Empty Re: The Player's voice

Post  mercenarybdu Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:21 am

I support Levy and the network he created to keep the Circuit alive. After all I've been involved on the smaller scale and in raising Legacy when I returned and learned about the Pro Circuit. Then when I learned about Evan Erwin, and with that wanted to get my name out there to prove to everyone who shunned me in the past that I could do it like all of those people who've made it big in one form or the other.
mercenarybdu
mercenarybdu

Back to top Go down

The Player's voice - Page 2 Empty support!

Post  rickiep00h Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:37 pm

Been lurking, and I'm finally taking the leap into supporting the movement. As a sometime PTQer, I'm upset at the current state of the PT, so anything I can do to help (limited as it may be...) is at the disposal of the MTGPU.

rickiep00h

Back to top Go down

Post  IkomaAze Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:22 pm

Hi all

Just thought I'd add my voice of support to this organisation and those who have set it up.

My story is quite similar to several others already posted, but I figured the more such stories the better.

I'm from the UK, and I started playing a few years ago (Kamigawa block), and started playing PTQs soon after.
I mostly play limited nowadays. Having a baby daughter means I have don't have enough time to keep up with constructed as I once did! Wink
(I went to 5 PTQs for KL. Very Happy )

Losing a limited ProTour (and more importantly PTQ season) hurt a lot! On the otherhand, getting a flights paid for, instead of cash was a boost... not that I've won a PTQ yet!

For a long time my goal was to play on the Pro tour, and my dream was to be a Pro ("play the game see the world").

Now with two fewer PTQ seasons than we once had, and the cuts in beneifts at the higher levels, both my goal and dream have lost a lot hope! Sad

Anyway, hope you guys can make a difference!

IkomaAze

Back to top Go down

Post  Luke Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:09 am

IkomaAze wrote:Hi all

Just thought I'd add my voice of support to this organisation and those who have set it up.

My story is quite similar to several others already posted, but I figured the more such stories the better.

I'm from the UK, and I started playing a few years ago (Kamigawa block), and started playing PTQs soon after.
I mostly play limited nowadays. Having a baby daughter means I have don't have enough time to keep up with constructed as I once did! Wink
(I went to 5 PTQs for KL. Very Happy )

Losing a limited ProTour (and more importantly PTQ season) hurt a lot! On the otherhand, getting a flights paid for, instead of cash was a boost... not that I've won a PTQ yet!

For a long time my goal was to play on the Pro tour, and my dream was to be a Pro ("play the game see the world").

Now with two fewer PTQ seasons than we once had, and the cuts in beneifts at the higher levels, both my goal and dream have lost a lot hope! Sad

Anyway, hope you guys can make a difference!

Heya dude, glad you could make it to the forums.

Don't worry I've still got your Chinese Avatar of Woe's and will be at the next Pre-Release!

The UK is a very had place to become Pro at Magic, so less possibilities for players will mean less interest.
Luke
Luke

http://www.eastbourne-elemental.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Will Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:59 am

First of all, let me just say great job to levy and everyone else for putting this together, i think its a great idea and good luck with the union.

I've been playing for a few years now (since about invasion) and unfortunately i had to watch magic die regionally a few years back where i used to live. I'd hate to see that happen on a larger scale and i don't think it has to and don't think it will.

As for the changes, now that i have moved back to Canada and gotten back into magic to see these changes was a bit upsetting. I have friends back home who did get the chance to play PT (personally i never have) and were always glad for the chance to travel, see the world , meet people and just have a fun weekend playing magic. I mean isn't that what its all about really, sure the money is also a bit of an incentive but i know alot of people who would be happy just making enough to cover the trip and coming back with empty pockets just to have the experience of playing a pro tour.

Anyways keep up the good work!

Will

Back to top Go down

Post  JMonpellieur Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:35 pm

Hi, Is it too late to sign up?

Me parece una gran idea la de unirnos, pero no veo mucha actividad en los últimos meses. However I think it is now that more is needed to move

JMonpellieur

http://fortalezadelotaku.tk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2